Sunday, April 17, 2011

The week in review and next week’s schedule


Was a great week overall. Got a lot done, learned a lot and I even had a decent sparring session on Thursday!


Here's what really happened last week:

11 April, Monday: Sunny. 70 degrees. I went running and couldn't seem to stop! Ran a total of 7 miles.
12 April, Tuesday: Woke up EXHAUSTED. Skipped the circuit, took a 20 minutes power nap which luckily kind of got me through Lyle's class at Redline. I was beat.
13 April, Wednesday: Slept like the dead, no run. Feeling a bit better, went to yoga in the evening and had an awesome session.
14 Aprli, Thursday: Didn't sleep so well. Pretty tired. I spent an hour or so at SBC, shadow boxing and mitt work mostly before heading off to Redline. The sparring actually went great, I really held my own against Meredith for at least the 1st round. 2nd round was tough but I hung in there!
15 April, Friday: Running! Relatively short, maybe 4.5 miles. Tired, looking forward to rest!
16 April, Saturday: So much for rest… couldn't resist a naked run with Chris McDougall. I'm going to regret it later but it was awesome to feel the pavement under my toes!
17 April, Sunday: Slept in till 1pm. Needed the rest! So ridiculously tired. Quads and calves are aching in weird ways. Really showed in my sparring, just didn't have the energy to get in there and move.

 
Goal fulfillment for the week was great. I ran a total of 17 miles, sparred twice and had some awesome yoga. Let's keep on this track! My goals for next week are to keep up the good work and make progress. Don't let everyone need to share their opinion stress me out.



The plan for the next week:

Monday:
am: run. Relatively short. 4-6 miles.
pm: unspecified. (hot)
Tuesday:
am: rest.
pm: double session! SBC circuit training followed by skills class and sparring at Redline with Lyle, finish with vinyasa flow
Wednesday:
am: run: 3-4 miles; focus on intervals
pm: vinyasa with whitney
Thursday:
am: rest.
pm: double session! SBC circuit training followed by skills class and sparring at Redline with Lyle, finish with vinyasa flow
Friday:
am: run with the Redline girls at 6:30am in central – 2.5 mi run to and there so definitely a long one! We weren't even just running home!
pm: rest
Saturday:
am: rest
pm: rest
Sunday:
am: rest
pm: women's class at redline with Pia, sparring post, finish with vinyasa flow

There's a good possibility I am going to have to create a break for myself somewhere in this schedule… I'm exhausted, my legs are having weird muscular pain… all signs I am pushing myself too hard at the moment. Can't afford to end up overtrained! Time to use that orthostatic heart rate test!

What's your favorite way to rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment