Wednesday, April 27, 2011

taking a beating... but I keep coming back!

Yesterday was a harsh workout. Harsh I tell you. Lyle thought of all kinds of particularly nice ways to make us fit, but I got to start the evening out right with a little love from Pia. Guess she decided to stop pulling her punches! Yup, beatdown time. Love you Pia!
But if that beatdown wasn't enough, Lyle then proceeded to make us spend 15 straight minutes doing repeated 1-2-1-2-duck-2-1-2-1-duck-1-2.... you get the idea. no rest. seriously, 15 minutes. Turns out even being on the receiving end of that is exhausting! But to finish the night off right there is nothing like doing 25 squats with various pauses. One set? No. 12 sets. that's right 300 squats.

The good news: I can walk. Slowly, but I'm still walking! Wee! Thank god for yoga this evening! (Here's hoping we're not heavy on the standing strength this evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment