Saturday, April 30, 2011

a quick word about yoga

Inspired by Erica Rodefer's post. Find it here: http://blogs.yogajournal.com/topfive/archives/2011/04/5-confessions-of-a-serious-yoga-student.html

Six month ago I met an amazing yoga instructor that changed my practice forever, Whitney. And every time she tells me to close my eyes so no one else can see me, it brings home that my yoga practice is nothing other than that - mine. While I make it to class only once a week, my practice is with me always... its the honesty in my body and in my heart. My practice my own, and in that I can find it whenever the mood strikes... it is not relegated to the mat but more to every move I make. Whenever I close my eyes, stretch my arms to the sky, roll out my spine... I am in my practice. By being honest and willing to assess our shortcomings we are always growing and improving. Always be honest with yourself and the rest will follow! Erica see's her post as confessions... I see them as the amazing honesty we should all strive for!

A special thanks to Whitney for bringing me a bit closer to clarity and opening my mind with her simple but poignant words!

No comments:

Post a Comment