Thursday, April 28, 2011

maybe not so lucky...

So I may have been a bit quick on the lucky part. Yesterday I went through a wonderful vinyasa yoga flow session with Whitney which felt awesome - my hero was rockin! (For those unfamiliar with the yoga lingo, see the position here - a great quad stretch.) After hearing about the previous evenings multitude of heel raised squats, Whitney kindly put together a flow that transitioned a bit quicker from standing strength than usual and helped me focus on twists (to help with my slip/head turn.) We built a fair amount of heat and I felt great by the end of class. Quads tired but working pretty well!

Before bed I rolled out my legs with my trusty stick, focusing on my quads and calves and giving a quick roll to my back. A little extra love never hurt anyone! (I highly recommend use of the stick and a foam roller, its a great way to give sore muscles a boost.)

So what happened overnight? I had a great nights sleep, and woke up to find stairs suddenly a challenge! Ugh... when Lyle starts yelling at me to sit tonight... grrrraarrrr.

I'm starting to wonder if this delayed onset soreness is age dependent? This is a very recent development for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment