Sunday, April 10, 2011


This week hurt on goal fulfillment.  Purple-Toe limited my ability to run. The toe is back to human color and I can almost bend it. Almost. I plan on running on it tomorrow morning. Well. Bending at least.


Here's what really happened last week:

4 April, Monday: Purple-Toe ridiculously swollen and unhappy. Despite ideas that rest might be good, I only skipped the evening workout at SBC and did adult like things like grocery shopping, probably an hour of active rest.
5 April, Tuesday: Was late to the session at SBC due to work stuff, given that Purple-Toe was not overly concerned. Only mild protest was voiced. I went light at SBC and did the full session at Redline. Was good. Purple-Toe requested only minor modifications to my normal routine.
6 April, Wednesday: Well, the extra rest resulting from my toe apparently results in AWESOME, rocking, great yoga sessions. Felt super strong and rocked the class, apparently I could further my yoga practice if i rested. Winning.
7 Aprli, Thursday: Did the entire 60' circuit at SBC and completed the entire class at Redline. Lyle decided Purple-Toe was reason enough to skip sparring, will wait till Sunday on that. Probably a good call.
8 April, Friday: Toe still swollen, rest day. Some light naked dancing.It feels good to keep moving even when recovering.
9 April, Saturday: Rest day! Managed to get my room cleaned up, super useful day.
10 April, Sunday: By not working out I have somehow become amazing. Happily amazing. Somehow 2 days of rest allowed me to start figuring out slipping! Rest really does work! Didn't translate to my 3 rounds of sparring as I would have liked, but it was good.

 
Purple-Toe wouldn't allow for running. Rest will make a difference! Now for the goals for the coming week:

Increase running mileage: Wasn't this listed last week? Yeah, nullified by toe Plan from last week will be instituted this week.
Sparring: The girls at SBC have invited me to spar with them T/W/Th, hoping to get at least 2 day adherence there. I plan on sparring Thursday with Lyle and Sunday with Pia.
Yoga: Yoga rocks. Will attempt to continue on this follow through.

So here's how we're going to make these goals reality, the plan for the next week:

Monday:
am: run. Relatively short. 4-6 miles.
pm: unspecified. (hot)
Tuesday:
am: rest.
pm: double session! SBC circuit training followed by skills class and sparring at Redline with Lyle, finish with vinyasa flow
Wednesday:
am: run: 3-4 miles; focus on intervals
pm: vinyasa with whitney (somehow that sounds like a palindrome)
Thursday:
am: rest.
pm: double session! SBC circuit training followed by skills class and sparring at Redline with Lyle, finish with vinyasa flow
Friday:
am: run with the Redline girls at 6:30am in central – 2.5 mi run to and there so definitely a long one! We weren't even just running home!
pm: rest
Saturday:
am: rest
pm: ibid
Sunday:
am: Yoga? 
pm: women's class at redline with Pia, sparring post, finish with vinyasa flow

 So how do I take that new found information on how much rest seems to help me, physically and mentally? Not sure, that will definitely be a blog post on Tuesday. I feel like a sexy bitch today.


How much rest do you need? 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment