Thursday, June 16, 2011

aaahhhh! just 7 days left!!!

oh man. less than 7 days. oh man. nerves? not even really sure how to describe how I feel! I sparred for the last time before the fight this evening. I took some solid hits. I landed some solid hits. Somewhere around the 4th round I managed to actually hit a groove and do some slipping! I've got this. I'm ready. I hope.


For the next 7 days I am going to devote my energy to fundraising. I've been handing out my fantastic little cards, but now it's time for me to put a really personalized plea out there. Cause this fight isn't just about me... it's about the second anniversary of losing my father to cancer. And every other person who's lost a parent/sibling/loved one to cancer. It's about putting cancer on the ropes and giving it a solid one-two. We have a chance here to make a solid contribution to an amazing charity looking to take cancer out. The Jimmy Fund isn't just a nameless random charity; it has earned nine consecutive 4-star ratings by Charity Navigator. Your donation's actually make it to the front line! 


I was touched last night. Two of the sweetest lil' old ladies on my street each gave me $5 towards the fight. I knew it was a big deal to them, and it almost made me cry! Every little bit helps, so please don't hesitate to donate, even if it's just $1! 


And talking about amazing people, my friend Victoria has organized a virtual bake sale: we're well on our way to raising nearly $300! Get your bids in now, we close tomorrow at noon! Take a punch at cancer and get delicious baked goods at the same time!


Check out my videos on youtube, I've included below my last video provided by Haymakers for Hope. Look how far I've come! Let's work together and put cancer on the ropes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment